Edam Stuffed Chicken with Cremini’s (2 generous servings)
- Marinate 2 Chicken Breasts overnight in: 1/4 c. vinegar, 1/4 c. evoo, 1/2 T. worcestershire, 2 T. brown sugar, 1/2 T. italian herbs/seasoning, black pepper, 2-3 cloves of garlic (minced), a squeeze of lime juices.
- Heat some oil (from the surface of the marinade), and saute 1/3 of a small onion (thinly sliced), a couple cloves of garlic (minced), and 3 sliced cremini mushrooms.
- Sear the chicken. Bake at 375F for 12-14 minutes.
Turned out to be very vinegary.
I’ve been slacking. SO lazy to rewrite my slop of recipes on random pieces of scratch paper. Probably because none of them turned out extraordinary. Anyhow, I should catch-up and make note of my failures somewhere…so the same mistakes can be later avoided!
Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls (8 rolls)
- 225 ml. low-fat buttermilk
- 18 g. butter
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 260-280 g. unbleached all-purpose flour (also for dusting work surface/rolling pin)
- 3 g. dry active yeast
- 85 g. brown sugar (too much, 50 g. should work)
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 25 g. butter, softened (too much, 15 g. should work)
- Heat the buttermilk in the microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes. Add the butter to melt and sugar to dissolve. Leave aside to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour and yeast, and then stir in the cooled liquids.
- Knead until dough is soft and slightly sticky.
- Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle. Spread the butter onto the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Form a log by rolling the dough lengthwise, and then slice into 4-6 pieces by halving and then halving the halves.
- Arrange the rolls into a greased baking disk and cover and let it rest for 60 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and bake the rolls in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes.
Cabbage Stew (4-5 servings)
- 1/2 lb. sliced lean beef, cut into strips
- 1 small head of green cabbage, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 t. brown sugar
- 1-2 t. “italian seasoning” (including crushed red peppers)
- 14 oz. can of roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/3 c. tomato sauce concoction
- 1/3 c. beef broth
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
optional: top w/ a dollop of mascarpone or fat-free cheddar
Crispy PB Treats (12 servings)
- 85 g. Maranatha All Natural Roasted Almond Butter
- 32 g. Smart Balance Creamy Peanut Butter
- 63 oz. Madhava Clover Honey
- 46 g. Coombs Family Farm Organic Maple Syrup (was out! adjust next time?)
- 14 g. Spectrum Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 32 g. Optimum Nutrition Creamy Vanilla Casein
- 41 g. Optimum Nutrition AnyWhey
- 66 g. Kellogg’s Rice Crispy Cereal
Macros: 140 Calories | 6 g. Fat | 15 g. Carbs | 7 g. Protein