- 500 g. apricots + as many pits that can be extracted :)
- 200 g. natural cane sugar *
- 1/3 lime, juiced
* use less next time, the jam turned out very sweet!
Honey Salted-Almond Butter
- 1 c. dry roasted & salted almonds
- 1 T. ambrosia honey
On the verge of wilting jalapenos…I’ll just roast them, and then figure out what to do with them later. I have some fat-free cream cheese and fat-free cheddar in the fridge. The combination of the three is never a bad idea :) So here’s the base mix. I haven’t figured out what to do with it quite yet though. Dip? Spread? Sauce?
Roasted Jalapeno Cheesiness
- 4 jalapenos, roasted & chopped with seeds and skin removed
- 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese
- 5 oz. fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, minced
- black pepper
- Quesadilla – spread 2-3 T. onto half of a whole wheat tortilla, top with strips of grilled chicken, fold the tortilla over, and then press on a panini press until the cheese gets melty!
♦ 2 c. ripe strawberries, roughly chopped
♦ 1/2 c. crushed fresh pineapple
♦ 1 T. granulated sugar
Bring strawberries and pineapple to a boil, add sugar the help release the juices. Cook at medium to medium-high heat to thicken, about 30-40 minutes.
WOW this is SO SO GOOD! That’s all I have to say.
Blackberry Jam via Kiss My Spatula (makes one pint)
- 3 c. blackberries
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 of a lime’s zest & juices
- 1/4 c. frozen wild blueberries
- 1/2 of a small honeycrisp apple, peeled & diced
– – –
- In a deep nonreactive pan, bring the blackberries, sugar, and lime to gentle boil. Start some mashing with a wooden spoon.
- Add the blueberries and diced apple. Continue stirring and occasionally mashing as often as possible.
- Keep stirring the mixture at a rolling boil for 40 minutes more or less, until it thickens.
- Spoon into boiled jam jars, and cover with lids. At some point the lids will pop. Let them cool over night or all day before refrigerating them.
Feeling oh so vernal. Looks like this spring will be great :)
BEST thing EVER: Tuesday Lunch at the Aurora Ronald McDonald House Solo!
Fried Rice (30 servings)
- 18 c. cooked brown rice, cold
- 1 pkg. Chinese sausage, boiled + pan fried & cubed
- 20 oz. frozen peas and carrots, rinsed and strained
- 6 T. canola oil
- 12 eggs
- 10-12 T. Mom’s fried rice sauce (soy sauce + sugar + chicken bouillon)
- ground black pepper
Crab Rangoon Dip & Wonton Chips (30 servings)
- 2 pkg. fried dumpling wrappers, quartered
- 3 c. frying oil
- 3-8oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 c. sour cream
- 3 T. honey
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1/2 T. garlic powder
- 1/2 T. sugar
- 1 very generous t. coarse kosher salt
- 1 t. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. imitation crab, chopped
Mini Almond Cookie Crust Cheesecake (50 servings)
- 16 almond cookies, finely crumbled w/ almonds reserved
- 2-8 oz.pkg. of cream cheese
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
Yay for six miles today! Unfortunately I cannot photograph a nice “dip” picture, they all just look blah. Here’s another dip recipe without a picture anyway… My over excessive use of garlic sorta backfired this time. The dip turned out too garlicky and less beany, which is what I would have preferred. Still dippable though with a mini whole wheat Toufayan pitette. Also delicious mixed with shreds of chicken breast and leafy greens stuffed inside a pita pocket. He loved it & so did Mom— success after all =)
Sriracha Bean Dip via White on Rice Couple
- 15 oz. white cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. sesame oil
- 1-2 t. soy sauce
- 2 T. sriracha
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/2 t. madras curry powder
- 1-2 T. water
- 1 T. lemon juice or lime juice
Homemade Hummus via FN ♥ sooooo good !
- 2-15 oz. cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin-olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 large cloves of cloves, smashed
- 1/2 generous t. sesame oil
- 3/4 t. ground cumin
- 15 grinds of black pepper
- 1 1/2 t. kosher salt
- paprika and cilantro to garnish
Nutrition Facts per Tablespoon: Calories – 57; Total Fat 4g (Sat 0.5g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 96mg; Total Carbs 5g (Sugar 0g, Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 1g