That created a really tasty and moist cake anyhow…
Blueberry Buttermilk Cake (makes one 9″-round)
- 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2/3 scant c. granulated sugar
- 4 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 generous c. low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 c. frozen wild blueberries + 1-2 t. granulated sugar
Combine dry ingredients, set aside. Cream together butter, sugar, and egg in a large bowl. Add vanilla. Add flour, buttermilk, flour, alternatively. Pour into prepared pan. Level out the batter, sprinkle with blueberries and then with sugar.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25-30 minutes.