Savory Oatmeal for One
- 1/2 c. oatmeal, cooked al dente with water
- 1 t. evoo
- 2 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 small shallots, minced
- 1 T. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 T. fat-free milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg, fried sunny-side-up w/ yolk still runny
In a small pot, bring about a cup of water to a boil. Add the oatmeal and stir. Cook for a couple minutes until al dente. Pour into a strainer to remove water.
In a small pan, fry an egg and then set it aside. Heat the evoo to saute the mushrooms and shallots until soft. Fold the oatmeal into the mushroom mixture and incorporate the cheese. Pour in the milk, and continue cooking for another minute.
Serve warm with the fried egg, yum-my :)!