Three Cup Chicken via Rasa Malaysia
- 2 chicken breasts, split
- 6 slices of peeled ginger
- 6 cloves of peeled garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 T. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 T. shaoxing cooking wine
- 1 1/2 T. sweet soy sauce
- 2 T. sesame oil
- Thai basil
- Marinate chicken with ginger, garlic, and the three s-seasonings overnight.
- Heat sesame oil in heavy bottom pot. Sear both sides of the chicken on medium-high heat.
- Cover the pot and cook on low for 15-20 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Remove from heat and toss in the basil leaves. Close the lid for another 5 minutes. Serve with preferably white rice, but since that is not allowed for me…with a sweet potato or something non-white :)