Hot Milk Sponge Cake via The Country Cook
- 2 eggs
- 1 scant c. granulated sugar or even 1/2 c. should be good
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 c. whole milk, warmed
- 2 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 t. extract of choice (vanilla, lemon, almond, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On medium-high speed, beat eggs for 4 minutes or until thick. Next, add sugar and beat until pale, another 4 minutes.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients, followed by the warmed milk & butter and extract until smooth. Do not over mix!
- Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan. Bake for ~18 minutes.