Chipotle-Mango Chicken via Guy Fieri (4 servings)
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, skin/bone/fat removed
or 2 lbs chicken breasts, split & flattened
- 1 1/2 c. roughly chopped manila mango
- 3/4 c. cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobe + 1 T. adobe sauce
- 1 1/2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. canola oil
- 2 t. kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- In a food processor, puree the mango, cilantro, chipotle, adobo, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt & pepper to make the sauce.
- Use half of the sauce to marinate the chicken in a glass bowl or plastic ziplock bag. Refrigerate for at least six hours. Store the remaining sauce.
- Heat a heavy skillet with some oil, and completely cook the chicken. Flip as necessary.
- In a sauce pan, cook the remaining sauce to a thick consistency. Add the pieces of chicken to the cooked sauce. Heat for a few more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, if it was not already. Serve with brown rice.