Mango Habanero Chicken & Broccoli adapted via Men’s Health (3 servings)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into medium pieces
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 t. sesame oil
- 1 t. corn starch
- 1/2 T. canola oil
- 1 T. chopped shallots, white parts only
- 1 t. grated ginger
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 2 c. broccoli, blanched
- 1 manila mango, peeled & pitted
- 1 habanero chili, seeds removed
- 1 T. chili garlic sauce
- salt & pepper
- Toss chicken with soy sauce, sesame oil, and corn starch. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor finely chop the mango, habanero, and chili garlic sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, and saute the shallots, ginger, and garlic.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and add the chicken and its marinade to the skillet. Once one side of the chicken pieces are slightly browned, turn them over & pour in the mango sauce. Cover the skillet, and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes mix in the broccoli. Cook for another minute or so. Salt and pepper to season. Serve with brown rice!
* N o t e s : More mango-y &
spicy next time, cook sauce down separately or use more mangos? Can also use cubed thigh or leg meat.