I usually don’t like anything with nuts in them, but I realized that almost everybody does. If I’m going to have other people eat the things I make, I’m going to have to adapt to their taste buds. I mean it’s not bad with nuts…I’d just rather have it with chocolate chips or something! This is for you bby because you’re fruity & nuts, LOL jk, because you love strawberries & nuts ♥
Brown Butter Strawberry-Banana Nut Bread adapted via Joy the Baker
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 t. baking soda
- 3/4 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 6 T. unsalted butter, browned to 4 T.
- 1 1/4 c. or 3 mashed bananas
- 1/4 c. plain low-fat yogurt (or buttermilk)
- 1 t. vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. coarsely chopped pecans, toasted and floured
- 1 c. diced strawberries + 1 sliced strawberry
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a loaf pan. Prepare and measure all of the ingredients. All the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt) can go into one large bowl.
- Brown butter on medium heat. As the butter begins to foam and crackle, swirl the pan. Once the butter begins to brown and smell amazing, take it off the heat a pour it into a glass bowl to cool.
- As soon as the butter cools, whisk it together with the mashed bananas, yogurt, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold…be sure to not over mix! Fold in the pecans, and then fold in the diced strawberries.
- Carefully pour the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan, and scatter the slices of strawberries on top. Bake for 50 minutes.