cookie cravings ♠ daylight savings
Jacques Torres’s Chocolate Chip Cookies ever so slightly modified !
- 8.5 oz. cake flour
- 8.5 oz. unbleached bread flour
- 1 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 1/2 t. coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz. dark brown sugar
- 8 oz. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 20 oz. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt, optional
- Measure flours and sift with baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- With a paddle attachment cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add one egg at a time and mix well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir on slow for 30 seconds, the batter should still be floury.
- Add chocolate chips into the dough and fold until they are well incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Thus far, this the best cookie dough I have ever tasted!
- Preheat oven to 350F. With a medium cookie scoop, make six rounds of cookie dough and place them on a lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle them with sea salt, if desired. The coarseness of the salt used in the dough leaves a slight saltiness to the cookies already.
At 15 hours I baked the cookies at 350F for 15 minutes, they came out pretty crispy.
At 18 hours I baked them at 350F for 10 minutes, the edges were slightly crisp.
At ±35 hours I baked them at 350F for 9-10 minutes on parchment paper; 9 minutes for smaller cookies, 10 minutes for the larger ones. Please excuse my poor nighttime lighting! These were SO PERFECT— right out of the oven and even the next day ♥