because I’ve been craving french toast soooo badly for like the past two years & because this is
healthy…well it’s not super bad for me.
French Toast (for one)
- 2 slices Alpine Valley Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/4 c. fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 t. honey
- 1/4. vanilla bean paste
- a good dash of cinnamon
- 1/8 T. or smallest slice of butter possible, quartered
- 1 T. organic maple syrup, warmed
(1/2 T. is actually perfect)
Nutrition Facts : Calories – 245; Total Fat – 5.9g (Sat. 2.4g, Poly 0.7g, Mono 1.9g); Cholesterol – 190mg; Sodium 180.6mg; Total Carbs – 36.6g (Sugar 26.2g, Dietary Fiber 2.2g); Protein 11.3g
- Whisk together milk, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey. Soak bread with mixture in a glass dish for 15 minutes. Flip if necessary.
- On LOW heat, melt 1/4 of the butter. Place one slice of toast down. After 2 minutes, flip the toast and re-butter the pan. Repeat.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.