Healthy Easy Chicken Masala (2 servings)
- 2-8 oz. chicken breast, slightly flattened
- 5 oz. nonfat greek yogurt
3 oz. reduced fat buttermilk– just yogurt next time!
- 2 t. garam masala
- 1 heaping t. coarse kosher salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, quartered & cubed
- 1 small carrot, sliced into 1/3″ rounds
- Combine yogurt, buttermilk, garam masala, salt, pepper, cilantro, and garlic. Coat the chicken cutlets with the marinate and refrigerate over night.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line glass baking dish with onions, sweet potato, and carrots. Place chicken cutlets on top.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes on the top rack and 10 more minutes on the middle rack.
Results: The chicken came out super moist, but the marinate left a very slimy residue on the chicken. Cut the carrots and sweet potatoes into smaller cubes (1cm?) when NOT “roasting.” The overall taste was better, but the dish was pretty pale this time around.